Faith & Finances
We offer Faith & Finances classes in partnership with local churches and ministries. Faith & Finances is a financial education ministry created by The Chalmers Center that empowers low-income people with practical money management skills, biblical stewardship principles, and supportive relationships.
For our latest class site, see our Events page.
HOW IS FAITH & FINANCES DIFFERENT?
Faith & Finances is not about helping participants achieve wealth or material success. Rather, it aims for restoration in each person’s finances—and in their relationships.
In a 12-week Faith & Finances class, participants discover two key themes: 1) Jesus is reconciling all things—including their money—and 2) God is using their finances to accomplish His work in the world. Participants also learn how to track income and expenses, save money, plan for emergencies, and pay off debt. At the same time, they receive support and encouragement from allies who walk alongside them as they learn.
HOW WILL FAITH & FINANCES IMPACT YOUR CHURCH OR MINISTRY?
By starting a Faith & Finances ministry, your church or ministry can:
- Shift from giving things to materially poor people, focusing on long-term change in their lives—and yours
- Build authentic, supportive relationships with people who are poor—both inside and outside your church
- Walk alongside low-income people as they make practical changes in their finances
- Churches or Ministries to host a Faith & Finances class
- Leaders to oversee logistics and recruit volunteers
- Allies to support and encourage participants – learn more here
- Funders willing to invest in our Faith & Finances ministry financially
Interested in joining our Faith & Finances ministry team? Contact us for more information!