Faith & Finances
In 2021, we are introducing Faith & Finances to the Roanoke Valley. Faith and Finances is a financial education ministry created by The Chalmers Center that empowers low-income people with practical money management skills, biblical stewardship principles, and supportive relationships.
HOW IS FAITH & FINANCES DIFFERENT?
Faith & Finances is different from many other financial education programs. It’s not about helping participants achieve wealth or material success. Rather, it aims to empower participants to experience restoration in their finances—and in their relationships.
Beginning with a 12-week Faith & Finances class, participants discover two key themes: 1) Jesus is reconciling all things—including their money—and 2) God is using their finances to accomplish His work in the world. Participants also learn how to track income and expenses, save money, plan for emergencies, and pay off debt. At the same time, they receive support and encouragement from allies who walk alongside them as they learn.
HOW WILL FAITH & FINANCES IMPACT YOUR CHURCH OR MINISTRY?
By starting a Faith & Finances ministry, your church or ministry can:
- Shift from giving things to materially poor people, focusing on long-term change in their lives—and yours
- Mobilize your congregation to build authentic, supportive relationships with people who are poor—both inside and outside your church
- Walk alongside low-income people as they make practical changes in their finances
- Apply the principles of When Helping Hurts in your community
HOW CAN YOU BE A PART OF FAITH & FINANCES?
We want you to join our Faith & Finances ministry team! We are looking for:
- Churches or Ministries to host a Faith & Finances class
- Leaders to oversee logistics and recruit volunteers
- Allies to support and encourage participants
- Funders willing to invest in our Faith & Finances ministry financially
Interested in joining our Faith & Finances ministry team? Please contact Nancy Friesen at 540-523-1098 or Nancy@RestoringHopeRoanoke.org for more information.