Join us for the following events!
Church-Based English Teacher Training
All Roanoke-area church-based ESOL teachers are invited to join this weekend certificate training course.
Cost: approximately $30 – Registration and payment will open soon using the button to the right.
This training, presented by the Mission to North America’s ESL program, will cover:
- How to start and maintain a fruitful ESL Ministry
- How to teach ESL to adult internationals including:
- How to place students in the proper fluency level classroom
- How to get the students to generate their own sentences
- How to introduce new vocabulary & sentences using new vocabulary
- How to Lesson Plan using professionally written curriculum
- How to build authentic relationships with your students
- How to share the Gospel both inside and outside the ESL Classroom
If you have questions, please email Rachael Sloan at email@example.com.
Please note that this event is subject to change if COVID-19 restrictions are changed. We will follow all government regulations.
Date & Time
Fri, Aug 21, 2020, 5:30 PM – Sat, Aug 22, 2020, 4:30 PM
You are expected to attend both days to receive the certificate.
NATIONWIDE DAY OF SECOND CHANCES JOB FAIR
November 12, 10-2 pm at Waverly Place Baptist Church
Join us in giving many a SECOND CHANCE at employment!
This is a church-based job fair for those with a background that may hinder employment.
Coalition Partners, Volunteers, and Employers are needed.
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.