COVID-19 Response Resources
In the midst of this crisis and in the days to follow, there are and will be many needs. Some are in need, and others are ready to help. Here are some immediate resources and opportunities available to church leaders and to the community as a whole.
VOLUNTEER AND GOODS NEEDS
- See our Serve page
- Feeding Southwest Virginia – Volunteers and food are greatly needed
- Check out THIS LIST for additional ideas
- National Christian Foundation 19 Simple Ways to Love Your Neighbor
- CarePortal is an online platform that brings the needs of children and families to you. You can sign up as an individual at www.careportal.org or contact Kelli Moore. A church can sign up as well by contacting Ray Moore.
- Find COVID-19 response needs in the area at HandsOnBlueRidge.
- Tech resources for pastors and ministry leaders
- RightNowMedia.org for video Bible Studies
- Ligonier Connect for small group studies
- For children: Adventures in Odyssey Club – Free 4 week trial
- Open Network – Online Children’s services
- Mobilize My Church – build a local ministry vision in your church
- Resources from trusted leaders – Corona Virus and The Church
COVID-19 HEALTH GUIDELINES
ESOL VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION
Contact us to set up a consultation to create a personalized plan for virtual instruction.
ONLINE TRAINING RESOURCES – Use your free time to improve your ministry skills
- Caring for Those Who Have Faced Trauma
- American Bible Society –Biblically based response to trauma and in multiple languages
- Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Working with Refugees and International Students
- Refugee Mental Health
- Working with refugees who have faced trauma and torture
- Cultural orientation certification course – a review of the orientation given refugees
- Community Development
- Faith and Finances – Online facilitator training to lead a class for people on or near the poverty line to learn about managing finances in a Biblical way
- Practicing the King’s Economy
- When Helping Hurts: The Basics
- Are You a Good Neighbor? (practical application of helping without hurting in everyday life)